Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

DD 4.56 ...blah blah going to mars blah blah rice blah love blah blah bye ...

Are you in charge of the cell phone in your companionship?
Yes, and nothing is more stressful than answering a number that I don’t know ... did I mention that Japanese is NOT my native language?

Do you ever wear your P-Day clothes? Are they wearing out? Did you take a hoodie or jacket to wear with them in the cold?
I have my lifeguard hoodie, so I’m quite warm, but I don’t really wear anything else that much, I sleep in all the shirts, but the pants are rarely used.

How often do you have District Meetings?
Every week

What would a report on your District to the Zone Leaders sound like?
We all tried to find today ... oh hey, someone found someone ... they were a Jehovah’s Witness and tried to convert us all ... we actually found some today. The sisters are way pumped ... we are all so tired!!! Stuff like that.

How often are you preparing training presentations? What was your topic for the presentation in Zone Conference?
I have to train every week in District Meeting, and I just trained in Zone Meeting.

How did your presentation in zone conference go?
It went well; it was me and the other DL together, so that was really good. We trained on finding solid new people and doing solid lessons.

When is your Zone Conference, how often do you have them?
Once a month

Did you enjoy a new tasting experience this week? How about Nielson Choro, did you introduce him to a new tasting sensation?
I ATE THE CHOCOLATE FROM MY PACKAGE THAT CAME ON TUESDAY!!!!! OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH!!!!! I also had some mochi ... which is just pounded rice ... I also made some yesterday.

Time for a train story ... what have you seen ... have you ever boarded a wrong train ... come on share an adventure.
I have not gotten lost yet actually!! Today we were close, but we just couldn’t find the line that we were supposed to ride, we wandered around for like 5 minutes ... but then we found it!!!! Found it like a bear!!!

We really need a picture of you and your companion ... please ... we'll send fudge again ... we'll send it the day after we get a picture ... pretty please ... just send photos, Dad!!!
I’ll work on it

How was your T-Day ... did you see any of your old companions?
Yes, all of them. They are all doing really good. It was really nice to go to the temple!!

Did you take your temple bag with you? Clothes? I can't remember … :(
I took some white pants and a shirt, but everything else we get to use there.

So my package totally came the day after y’all gave up hope ... whud up wid dat? Hmmmmm ... bam; I had faith and my candy came!!!! It was beautiful!!!! Thank you all so much!!!! ... it may be all gone by now, but it was very delicious!!!

This week not much happened, this guy we met with asked me how many years I had been in Japan ... when I said for 5 months he didn’t believe me and insisted that I must have studied Japanese before I came out, or that I was lying to him ... it was very awkward ... but it was pretty cool too.

Zone meeting was good, have I mentioned that I don’t like talking in front of people, and that it scares me to death to trying to teach people? Other than that it was pretty good though, we did a lot of stuff and I feel like it went well.

This week we found the K San family. They are so great, they keep following up with us about coming to church and wanting to meet with us, it’s so great!! We are hoping that they are going to be baptized in February, we did a church tour, and when they walked into the chapel, they just said (well they said it in Japanese) "Whoooaaa, this is deep." and then the wife cried because of the spirits awesome power; and they were pretty psyched to be baptized ... good week.

We also got a referral form the sisters here in Chiba, he is a little crazy, he’s an author, and says that he has made some really cool medical discoveries ... but they are not certified by the government ... it doesn't stop him from selling his miracle potion for like ¥60,000 per bottle. He also said something about a Dutch Company sending people to Mars to live ... and that because we were men of God he is willing to do anything for us, so if I want to go, he is willing to sponsor me ... yes, I did think about it. 

This week was really good, on Monday, so yesterday we went with the ward and some investigators to make mochi ... pretty much, we cooked rice, soaked rice, and filled a granite pot full of rice and SMASHED IT WITH A HAMMER!!!!!!! And then we ate it ... it was quite satisfying ... other than that it was a pretty slow week.

Sorry to hear there are so many health issues in the ward … not good. I will keep them in my prayers, pretty cool having the ward unite their faith though.

The temple was really great, its always so comforting to be in the Lord’s house ... there is literally nothing better, and no place where it is easier to feel God’s love for everyone there … I always leave feeling like I’m not quite good enough, but still knowing that its okay as long as I’m trying to get better … its quite confusing actually.

So the first week in February we are getting iPad minis … should be pretty sweet!!!! I’ll let you know what goes down there!

Not much else to say, love you all and thank you all for all that you do!!!!

Elder Griueptifokdd
Sorry for my spelling, Sam
4896 4633
Challenge Extended family ... challenge extended
Me & Nielson Choro!!!!
We had a party on P-Day for President Budge's birthday on the 29th
... okay, we had some soda and some chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment