Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, November 11, 2013

DD 3.25 ... THE ZONE LEADERS LIKE TO RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many sets of missionaries are in your zone and how do you refer to the area they serve in?
I’m not entirely sure; but we just say the area that they are in.

Where are you companions from?
Okinawa and Chicago, I’ll let you guess which one is from where.

Do you ever use your pull up bar?
Meh, every once in awhile

Do you ever go running for exercise?
WE DID TODAY!!!!!!

Are you doing anything with your mission for Thanksgiving?
I don’t know!

How are your shoes holding up?
Pretty good actually!!! I hope that they will make it through my mission!!!

Did you get internet in your apartment?
We do today actually!!

What do you need in a package? Clothes?
Not clothes, I should be good on that front. Maybe some toothpaste and deodorant would be nice! But anything is always greatly appreciated!!

How is the deodorant/toothpaste working out?
The toothpaste is amazing!!!!!! I’m still on my other stick of deodorant, but I look forward to the day when I get to open it; it will be just like Christmas!

Did you ever send the email to Elder Williams parents?
I tried last week, but the email address was wrong; so I tried again this week and think that I got it right!

Are you teaching anyone that seems promising?
Lots, see below:

Any news about the guy you found in the park last week?
Meh, he’s hard to get a meeting with us; he prefers before church at eight in the morning, but then he never wakes up to meet with us ... go figure.

The mission goal of 40 baptisms in Tokyo before Christmas --how is that going?
Good, already 10 areas have had baptisms.

Did Charles Whipple rebuild his boat after the crash in New Zealand?
No, it’s a different one now.

What was he doing when he fell into Tokyo Bay?
He was working on his new boat.

How is his recovery going? Is his leg almost healed or still in danger of being cut off? (Dad researched him online extensively and these questions are from him!)
He is doing just fine, he actually offered to doseki for us whenever!
     (We don't have a clue what doseki means????)

Have you gotten a tan from riding your bike in the sun all day? Or is it too cold?
Nope, no tan line yet, not even from my watch, just pasty white still.

Do you ever wash your sheets? Do they fit on your 3 futons ok?
They fit fine, I wash them not as often as I should, but I have washed them!!

Are you clipping your toe nails? If not, let this be a reminder. There are too many missionary tales of ingrown toenails; especially if you are going start running again.
Yes, I take care of my toenails ... and my fingernails too!!! Look at me all growed up!

We just got your email about the zone leaders that like to run--HOW WAS YOUR ASTHMA?
FINE!!! Power of the Spirit cured me in the MTC, so I’m pretty sure that I’m indestructible now.

How is life with the Zone Leaders? Do you plan to travel to other areas in the zone for splits?
They do, but I haven’t really that much, only once actually, see below.

Do you have plans for Zone wide P-Day?
We are going to the Chiba Zoo I think!

This week was really good!!! on Monday night I called a guy named Brother S, who is a fan of this manga writer here in Japan who is member of the church, apparently all of his fans know a lot about the church, so Brother S came to us all ready to baptized; pretty much; we are just reviewing the commandments with him and his date has been set for the first of December! We asked him what he thought he needed for baptism and he said that he should probably get a suit ... and maybe a tie too ... right? He’s pretty solid and pretty funny too.

We also meet with a man named Brother I, Kondo Choro and I found him my first transfer while we were on splits, and now this week he called us and wanted to meet, the only problem was that when he was reading the Book of Mormon in his house his mom saw him and kicked him out; he has been staying at his friend’s home and at hotels until he can work something out, but he could not come to church because his suits and Book of Mormon were at his house, he’s so great!!! He remembers everything that we teach him and really wants to get baptized!!!

So this week we also met Brother Ch at the train station. He was in a detention center for coming to Japan without enough money, and while he was there Miranda Choro taught him all the lessons, but they lost contact when Brother Ch got out, so he saw us at the train station and asked us if we knew Miranda Choro, which we do. Then we let him call Miranda Choro and talk to him. We gave him a quick church tour and he really wants to keep learning. Downside, he doesn't have a phone, so he gave us his friends number, a different guy named Brother Co ... well it turns out that Brother Co was a referral from the Shimais that we got a few weeks back and have been trying to meet with ... yeah. BOOM, Divine Rendezvous!!! Thank you for all your fasting and prayers!!!

Sam, I really like awkward ... sorry that you don’t. Hope that all is well, and yeah, maybe you should stay out of Ogden for a while ...

Abi, sorry that school is stressful; and that Tiff is having a rough time, maybe you could take Clydesdale up for a while and give old Tiffy a little break, I bet he would love to get going on the freeway again ... I’m sure that he really misses the good ole Logan frosty air! It would do him some good to get the old heater going full blast again!!! Just be careful of where you park, he likes to get stuck; that could be rough!!!

Dad, I would like to see the picture of the lights on the trees, word on the street is that you went all out this year! I look forward to hearing about the finished product!!!

Mom, I hope that all is going well and that you have not yet started cleaning for thanksgiving, we need to keep our procrastination skills sharp and finely tuned! I say postpone cleaning until the morning of, or the night before, if you can! That would be really exciting don’t you think! You could get Sam and Abi to come down and help, dad could help too! I think that the four of you could bust it out in no time!!!! Good luck and have fun with it!!!

Trenton, I’m so glad to hear that you are doing so well in Japan; I mean it just sounds so amazing!!!! And don’t worry about the fact that Budge Shimai called you and three other missionaries to do a musical number in front of the two entire missions and David F. Evans Choro of the First Quorum of Seventy, that must be really exciting ... good luck with that!!!!

So yeah, this week we got a call from Budge Shimai and apparently me putting down that if that Lord wants me to sing then I’ll sing on my “Mission Form” led to this. Yeah, so there is a big double Mission Conference coming up, with South Tokyo Mission and a Seventy coming to talk. Now, Johnson Choro, McAllister Shimai and Dunn Shimai, and I are all singing at it; and Willden Shimai is doing the piano ... should be fun right? I mean it’s not like being a missionary is already stressful or anything like that ... anyway, I just wanted to say that this should be a really fun experience and well ... a good journal entry at least!

This week was really good; I hope that all the people in the Philippines are doing all right! Have Rex and Ossie heard from Tasha yet? She was down there closer than I am, is she alright?  Anyways, I hope that y’all are doing well!!! This week was really good for me!!!!

Oh, so this week we went on splits with me and Kondo Choro and Asato Choro in Chiba. I spoke a lot of Nihongo that day. Then another day I went to Yachiyo to da a blitz with Stembridge Choro, no exchanges, just extra missionaries in the area. This week was way good!!!! Love you all and thank you for all that you do!!!
Griffiths Choro, your awesome son!

Separate response to an email from Dad:
By the way … what’s it like with a new companion … do you have a different routine for P-Day’s … well good luck, keep us posted on new adventures and new foods … still waiting for news on the marble in the bottle … did you ever find some?
I have yet to find some, but I will let you know when I do!!!

Thank you for the email, I wove it!!! The ZL’s and I went running this morning … it was glorious …

Oh, today we are going to make some fish!!! Asato Choro loves to fish, its literally all he talks about ... so we bought some fish and are going to devour them later today ... should be delicious; I think/hope! Sorry that your hard drive crashed. I hope that you are able to get it back up and running soon!

Side note: Apparently being comps with the zone leaders, I get to know all sorts of fun stuff; like 84’ish% of our mission is fourth transfer and below ... yeah, hence all the trios ... it’s a lot of fun though!!!

Side Note II: When I said decorate for Halloween, that’s what I was imagining; just that jack-o-lantern things ... but now I’m very excited for next year ... and the year after that when I can help you deck the house out!!!!

Hope that all is going well on the home front, things are good here in Chiba, I often think about all the lectures that you have given us over the years and boy ... they have helped me a lot! Tanks for being so great!! You and mom rock!!! I love you guys tons!!
2632 2763

No comments:

Post a Comment