Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

... criss cross crapple sauce ... Samurai Armor ... There is no place I'd rather be ...

Did you get the carry-on bag? Is it going to work?
     I received the carry-on bag, yes ... and yes, we are all eating the packing peanuts ... good call BTW they are delicious!!!

Are you practicing squatting on the floor for when you get to Japan?
     I haven’t started to squat, but I am stretching out my legs trying to practice kneeling and sitting "criss cross crapple sauce" as my district so lovingly calls it.

     Don’t you think mom should make peanut butter cookies next week in honor of you? (Question from Abi) 
I would love some peanut butter fingers made in my honor, preferably made on the day that I fly to Japan ... oh wait that is two days... maybe you should make two batches, one on each day in honor of me leaving the country for the first time EVER!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

     Apparently photo books are pretty big in japan and it wasn’t so much a suggestion that I take one ... so yeah … that might be nice to have shipped to me before I leave ... sorry about that ... my bad.

Quick thought of the day, tools. Tools are awesome. Grandpa gave me a toolbox and screwdrivers when I was younger that I never used. As I grew up others gave me tools and I added them to the dusty toolbox. Now I use that toolbox every other day, if not every day. I guess you can make this into a metaphor for stockpiling testimony or deciding in your youth about choices you will make when circumstances arise in the future. A child may not have certain temptations or challenges but if they learn the 'tools' while young they will be able to draw on them in the future. Anyway as stated, this could be a metaphor but really it's just a heads up that when you get back I'm getting you tools for presents from now on.
Nice metaphor, TeJay, and thank you in advance for the tools! I have had experiences which I had decided long ago what my actions would be, again, nice metaphor.

I have used many a personal experience while I have been here. At least I think that I shared a personal experience... the Japanese was.... well let’s just say interesting.

I am a little sad that y’all went rafting without me! We should definitely go when I get back for sure!!!!! It looked like so much fun!!!! The story of Sam getting mauled by her chair as she frantically tried to escape almost made me fall out of my chair ... yeah ... in a lab, full of teachers and missionaries, diligently studying, and I’m sitting here laughing! It was bad.

I just got the details for the flight; I leave the MTC on Monday the 5th of August at 1:00PM, my first flight is at 4:50PM out of Salt Lake. I leave Los Angeles at 7:00PM (PDT) ... I’m not sure how long, but there is a layover; we are flying Delta on all flights.

I keep getting hymns stuck in my head ... and there is a pirate song in the Japanese hymn book that I am trying to memorize ... kaizoku is pirate in Japanese!

Yesterday I ran five miles!!! At an 8 minute mile pace ... needless to say I was covered in sweat and totally gross; I almost died walking up the four flights of stairs to get the showers though ... I am so out of shape.

Thank you for teaching me to be so laid back! It’s so nice, this week I didn't follow the spirit and didn't ask what was in a certain cookie; I ingested a pecan and a couple of walnuts ... I then excused myself calmly and my companion and I went to our room where I not so quietly hurled for a good long while; I then went back to lunch … and kept on studying! So thank you for teaching me never to give up!!

Crystal, thanks for teaching me voice lessons, we got to sing in Sacrament as a district and there is no way I could have learned the song without those lessons I took that last couple of years.

I have wonderful nephews, I love it that Waylon called TeJay Uncle Thunder Pants and not me ... that’s awesome!

Last night we made Samurai Armor out of cardboard, see accompanying photos ... 
Mcknight Choro & Griffiths Choro

When we got our travel plans it destroyed our focus for the day; however, it made me realize how unprepared I am and I vow to work harder, I felt pretty good about that language, like TeJay said that I would ... and then one of the nihongin gave a talk in church … all I got was Jesus Christ, God, and I testify these things in the name of the Savior Jesus Christ. Amen ... it was very humbling to hear her speak ... I am now accepting the fact that I don’t think I actually learned very much Japanese here. 

I hope that all is well and that you are not missing me too much ... I am sad to say it, but there is no place that I would rather be then here ... well actually there is, Japan; but I mean on a mission!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment