Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

... the line for dinner ... that was rough ... I am learning to Japan speak pretty good ... we fabreezed it

How was the 4th of July?
      The fourth was sweet, we got to stay up and watch the fireworks from the west side of campus, and we also got to watch 17 Miracles during a fireside ... we also got a little crazy and stayed up until like 11:15 ... it was INSANE! We also got ice cream bars ... which isn't that cool because I usually have like three at every meal ... but still they were higher quality than normal.

How was fast Sunday at the MTC?
      Fast Sunday wasn't to bad at all actually, the worst part was the line for dinner ... that was rough.

What time do you go on those temple walks on Sundays???
      Apparently it is highly discouraged to meet missionaries while they are on their temple walks ... nice try though :-)
Back:  Berrett Shimai, Kelson Shimai, Palmer Shimai, Wilson Shimai, Edwards Shimai, Hubner Shimai
Front:  McKnight Choro, Griffiths Choro, Scott Choro, Justesen Choro, Killpack Choro, Barnes Choro
What is your Elder Japanese name?
      Everyone asks me and I don’t know. I will get my katakana tag later, probably a week before I leave, other than that I think that it is going to be Gurifittsu Choro, but I am not really sure yet.

A couple weeks ago I gave one of the sisters in my district a blessing ... it was pretty ridiculously awesome. Yeah, being a servant of the Lord is probably the most satisfying thing I have ever done before.

We finished our fundamentals of Japanese book, and now we're just reviewing it, and learning on our own. I am excited to get to Japan so that I can buy the next level of the grammar book.  I feel as though I am learning to Japan speak pretty good; but I feel as though it is mostly the Lord doing the talking and I'm just making silly sounds that the nihongin can't understand at all. But alas 'tis not me that doeth the speaking but my God ... so that is good.

Father and Mother of Mine: I'm so glad that you guys taught me how to work before I came here. Several people that I know are constantly complaining about studying for 16 hours a day, and I'm all like, this is a normal day at college for me; except I eat healthier.

The story for this week is that I was made District Leader ... so yeah, that's going to be interesting.  I'm not very thrilled, even though I have often sought out leadership positions in the past, this one doesn't seem that great ... that was sarcasm if you couldn't tell by the dryness of the ink on the screen. I think that it will definitely be a trial for me, but the lessons that I learn will hopefully make me a better person.  I feel as though I am learning a lot.

TeJay and Crystal thank you for the letter, the main thing that I got out of it was to stop looking forward and enjoy the moment ... its sad to say, but that has been a common theme this week. We got a "lecture" from one of our teachers about it yesterday; our district is having a hard time dealing with the MTC; we aren't taking advantage of this time to prepare. Thank you, it was VERY motivational, and exactly what I needed to hear.

Sam, thank you for the pictures ... I'm sitting here with my companion in a dead silent computer lab, filled with missionaries trying not to laugh my head off at "your family has been dead in this car for weeks, we febrezed it" 

Is Abi still sleeping my bed? I hope that she is not moving into my room? Is it still a shrine to me? Have you erased my last message from the white board yet? Do you all cherish my hand writing whenever y'all walk by it? I hope that it is the latter.

Here are two pictures of my district!!!! One on the fourth and one on our temple walk; my doryo is the one that has glasses.

My District on the 4th of July, my Companion is 2nd from the left, with glasses
My District in front of the Temple on a Sunday Temple Walk
Back:  Wilson Shimai, Edwards Shimai, Hubner Shimai,
Berrett Shimai, Kelson Shimai, Palmer Shimai
Front:  McKnight Choro, Griffiths Choro, Turley Choro,
Justesen Choro, Barnes Choro, Killpack Choro

Note: Picture which Sam sent to Trenton, which made him laugh, was the following quote:
Smells fresh.
Like a tropical island.
Ok; now take off the blindfold!
Your family's been dead in this car for a week!
We Febrezed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment