Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, May 25, 2015

DD 16.45 ... お父さんホラ!聖餐会を通訳しましたよー!!! ...

How was your week?
Pretty good ...

How is the Thai lady from Kamisu doing? Are you teaching her?
Yep, she's read First Nephi 31 and said that she wants to get the spirit ... we think she means baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost, but we can only teach her over the phone for now, so it's really hard,

Can you teach her if you have to ride the train for 90 minutes to get there?
Yeah, we call her and her dad ...

How did the blitz in Oyumino go? Did it yield any new investigators?
Good, a couple of people!

How far away is Oyumino?
Like an hour and twenty minutes south of Chine Eki, at Kamatori station ... if dad wants to find it: (鎌取駅).

How is your "five baptisms in a month challenge" going?
Good, last month we had four!

Did you do anything fun this pDay? sightseeing?
Super sized ramen!!!
So much garlic and ramen today,
it was so garlicky, that I couldn't even finish it. It burned so much!!
Which would you choose to do over again, your last two weeks? or your first two weeks??
First two weeks, I would change so much.

What was the big gathering at the church that we saw on FaceBook?? so glad you have it back!!
We had a SA BBQ with the stake ... so much meat!!!

Did you learn any new Japanese words this week?
送別パーティとか人種別主義者とかナンデヤネンとか色々学んでいますよ。心配しないでね!

Were any new and delicious foods eaten or prepared this week?
We're going to cook squid for the first time, and I had a baby one earlier in the week.
Baby Squid
If there was a possibility of working (at a job where they actually pay you) this summer, would you like to do so??
Of course!! I don't even care what I would be doing! Sign me up as soon as I get home please!!


Father ... I translated sacrament meeting into english a couple weeks ago, and I would say that I understand like duty percent of what they said ... but translating is crazy hard, so I might be off. It depends on what we're talking about. In lessons I've been told that my Japanese is almost perfect ... but when we get talking about math or school or other things then I get shaky, but still understandable.

Mother! In Japan daily, no, they don't do anything like Memorial Day for their past people or soldiers. They just  remember all their ancestors and what not, it's kinda cool; they all have like little shrines in their houses ... I hate to phrase it this way since it sounds religious, but it's kind of like a glorified scrapbook, pictures and what not, and then stuff to make it look fancy.

Sam ... we shall eat all that we can eat when I get home ... we went to all you can eat pancakes last week, but it took like ten minutes for them to grill us two, and they were way small, so we had to leave, and we had only eaten like nine each ... very sad ... but surprisingly Delicious! Sounds like your life is fine and what not! The cabin-house thing sounds good, I'm dying to know what you and Abi are doing in that picture though, I honestly have no idea ...

Storm ... my companion told me he thinks you're crazy for giving that guy your phone number ... but, if you do get married, he would probably explode something at your wedding ... which would be way sweet! Imagine an exploding cake!!  I can't think of anything better!!!

So this week,
Tuesday. Went in splits with Morishita Choro!! It was way sweet, we taught Tk-San and threw down on the great apostasy ... pretty much we read Jesus the Christ with him, and then he was like ... well your church just rocks doesn't it? And we was all like yes, it kinda does! Then we taught Ok-San and got three Dr. Peppers from Sister T ... Which I carried home on my bike! And then drank all of them! It was soo good!

Wednesday! We had eikaiwa and what not.

Thursday. We met with F-San and with K-San! F-San is good. He's wants to get baptized, but is struggling a bit with the word of wisdom. K-San is good, he is just ready to get in the font ...

Friday, we went and played ping pong and had a way sweet lesson at FHE.

Saturday. Eikaiwa and the BBQ, ate so much meat.
Sunday, only K-San came to church ... tt was the first time in a long time that we didn't have a lot of people coming. Also it was Yuuyas Choro's farewell, and it was way boss, like all of the youth who are less active came to hear him speak. Even the stake presidents daughter came all the way from Tokyo to hear him, it was so good! He's such a boss, and he's going to Sapporo ... so he'll be one of the Frozen Chosen; it should be so good, he's so amazing!!

Anyway, this week was good. The thing that I feel as though I have learned the most, isn't really this week, but over the course of my whole mission ... everyone is all trying to be more like Christ. Sometimes, I look back and realize how unChristlike I was, and I just feel bad.  The church really is a like a giant hospital and we're all sick and just trying to get better. As a missionary, I feel like I'm just another patient who is trying to help a lot of other people who are no worse than I am.

Well, that's about all the time I have this week, so I have to jet, but love you all, and if you have any other questions let me know! I'll send pictures later!

Love you all! Elder Griffiths!
13033 12246

No comments:

Post a Comment