Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, November 17, 2014

DD 12.25 ... just wandered through a cemetery today, no big deal ...

Did you get the shoes? Did they come by scooter? or did you pick them up?
Yes, they all came by scooter ... and the fudge was promptly devoured ... it doesn't travel well, by the way, but it still tastes soooo good!?

Do you have any baptism dates? You were close last week, just wondering if they worked out . . . .
Not yet, we're hoping for two this week.

What exactly do furikake dried fish babies taste like? salty? fishy? sweet?
salty and fishy all wrapped up in more fishy.

Furikake
Any pictures of you and Elder Dicastri yet? You know that Dad is chomping at the bit to get one of the two of you . . . .
Some on Facebook... Some more today

Any word on the Christmas phone call yet? it is probably early, so we will be patient!
Not yet

Do you know that you should never use anything but the longest clipper attachment on your hair?  Maybe keep getting a professional to cut your hair. Just saying . . . . .
I like the pros cutting my hair.

How is your leg doing? Any pain lately??
Fine ... way tired, but good.

How is your "no sugar" challenge coming??
Pretty good actually. I've just stopped buying candy from stores.... I don't think that I could cut it all out ...

Are you able to stay warm at night? Do you have sufficient blankets to keep you warm? Dad is huddled up under blankets right now trying to stay warm and the furnace has been coming on regularly!
Yes ... I learned how to stay warm from all the scout camps I went on as a young'un.

Is transfer 12 a five, six, or seven week transfer??
This is a six week, next transfer is a seven week.

Have you had your first snow of the year yet?? We have, on Saturday, it is so cold!!
Not yet ...

What is your favorite thing about the Japanese culture??
All the cool religious stuff that people use every day, ... See pictures.
What is the one thing you wish Brother B or Brother M would have told you about the Japanese culture before you left?
More about Buddhism and Japanese culture, I realize now that I don't know very much about it at ...


Father ... Six weeks, and then seven weeks next time ... I'm sorry that you have blistery fingers ... that's no good ... on a different note, I read the same scripture this morning!!! It was really cool to think about how all the chapters flow together, like Alma 31-36 starting out with the first chapter, it talks about how the tree and seed thing go in Alma thirty two ... it blew my mind, that's a really bad explanation, I'll show you when I get back home.

Mother ... cupcake wars sounds amazing!!! I'm totally doing it all when I get home ... but not so much for the competition as for the eating part!! I also read my Patriarchal Blessing this morning. It motivates me so much.  


Sam!!! 8:16!!!!! Remember when you told me that you could never run five miles in under 50 minutes ... I hate to say that I told you so ... actually, no I don't, I love saying it ... I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What?!!?!!?!!? Congrats on first place, that's nice!! 

Storm!! Food poisoning sounds rough ... I get those feelings all the time, and then I usually find out the food that I was going eat is filled with my favorite ... walnuts and pecans, and so I'm so glad that I didn't eat it when I had the chance! Your race sounds so good!! Congrats on the sweet dog tags! I'm a little jealous ... but when I get back, I'll will win some medals!!! And I'll wear them all the time!!!

So this week we met with some people, one named Brother M, he suffers from depression, and we told him that with faith it was possible that he could be healed, and then he was all excited about coming to church ... but he didn't show. The worst part is that that was our next appointment with him, and we have no way to contact him now; so we can't really set up another time to meet with him ...

Elder Dicastri is doing amazing! He's so good at everything! And he's built like a tank ... like seriously jacked ... but yeah, we do some finding, and some teaching, and he's just good at everything he does! Like he was a ward missionary before he came out so he's way prepared for missionary work, and is really excited to be here so he doesn't want to waste any time!! He's so great!!

Spiritual note for this week. Recently I've been pondering about church, I find I'm inconsistent; some weeks I feel really good at church and other weeks it is hard to feel the peace, the good feelings, and the spiritual charge from going to church.  I know we teach about how you can find peace and strength from going to church, but there are some weeks when I don't really get that.  So this week, I decided to go to church with the purpose of getting that! ... and nothing happened.

At first I was a little bummed, it was a rough day, I got told we should drop Brother K as an investigator because he has depression ... then Brother M and K didn't come to church ... after saying that they for sure would; needless to say I was a little low ... so this morning in personal study, I busted out Jesus the Christ ... learned some stuff about the apostles, and decided to relate it to myself. My favorite thing was that Peter didn't start out as a great leader, but by the end of his life, he was in charge of the church and the work of God was moving forward on the earth ... it gave me a lot of hope ... I may not get an overwhelming sense of peace when I do go to church every week ... but I know what happens when I don't go ... I lose access to the spirit ... it's just not there. So for now ... that's good enough for me. I want to keep what I already have. It really is like a seed, you don't need to have one of those wow, over the top, storied testimonies ... I think it will usually come through little, tiny experiences that are, hard worked for, and treasured carefully. Meaning that I can never get casual about the gospel ... or I'm hosed.

Challenge for this week, make everything has meaning when it comes to God. Even if it's one verse before you go to bed, or blessing the food you eat for lunch, make it sincere, and see how close you can get to God!!
10393 8924

No comments:

Post a Comment