Crowd of people? Carrying your bike? Just lift it over all of their heads #MuricaPerk #ImHuge ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always ask for directions on the train, but when I do, I end that conversation talking about God #Missionaried ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Biking for twenty minutes to buy chicken and beef for dirt cheap? Worth it!! #NoRoomInOurFreezerAnyMore ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just made Raspberry Jam from Scratch, put the hot stuff that wouldn't fit in the jar onto ice-cream and ate it all ... Love ... my ... life ... #FatKid ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I don't always lead us around Tokyo but when I do ... we're early #LikeABoss ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Alright iPad, you think you can fix my spelling? #ChalngeAcceptprw #noSuggestions ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... We just ate $100 worth of sushi; you then took us to an Italian Restaurant and made us keep eating till we all want to die ... Of course we'll go to round 3 with you! ... #GoingToPukeAllOverYou ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #NoImNot28 ... it's alright, you're like the 12th person to make that mistake ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... All we bought was potatoes and meat #GriffithsChoroWentShopping ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Curry for Lunch, Curry for Dinner; #HappyPDay ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon, worst one in 10 years? Please, my bike has missionary steroids, #DidNotEvenFallOver ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh, you sell Melonpan? yeah, I’ll buy them all, right now #TheRecipeTooPlease ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... #YouMightBeAMissionaryIf you don't hear about the giant wall of water which will hit the city where you live until next Monday; because you only get eMail on P-Days ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... New favorite conversation starter "I don’t speak Japanese and if I don’t learn I can’t go back to America, please help me" #ForeignerPower ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Whatever I just ate, exploded with little eggs all over my mouth #WhatDidIJustEat ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it wrong that I want to ask the local tattoo artist if he can run the face painting booth at our Halloween party, I think he would be pretty good ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Being a foot taller than everyone else in the whole country #GaijinNoMondai (Foregner problem) ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Hitting your head on every door way cuz it’s made for people a foot shorter than you #GaijinNoMondai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Having a hole in the ground for a toilet? #FirstWorldCountry more like #FirstWorldProblem ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Typhoon season #ComeAtMeMotherNature #Murica ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Cow Piss? Oh you mean Calpis #YesIllTakeAllOfThem

Monday, November 10, 2014

DD 12.15 ... Moosen, Maple, and Curling! ...

Did you get the package with the shoes?? Could the man who drives the scooter fit it into the basket? Or did you have to pick it up?
Not yet, it should be getting here any day now.

Who is your new companion? Where is he from? How is it going? Did he get his bike? Any problems getting the money to buy his bike? Where is he from?
He is Elder Nicholas Dicastri, from Victoria Canada... I know, no more Canada jokes ... he's doing really well, he's a better missionary than I am, so it's really cool to learn a lot from him right now!! It's way sweet!! His bike was just fine ... no problems ...

Have you taken a picture together yet? Dad wants one you know ...
Will do so today, Budge Kiachou didn't give that picture to us btw.  He said that he would send it to all the parents!

How is it going in your apartment with you new roomies?
Great, we all get along amazingly well!!

How are your investigators doing? Anyone with a baptism date?
Not yet, we are hoping for two by the end of next week!

Are they still on schedule to finish the Abiko building the 1st week of December?
The middle of December ... I think they might be done earlier though.

How many wards meet in the Stake Center in Mabashi?
Six ...

This is a weird one! Have you ever been to an animal cafe where you can play with pets?? yea, I don't know where Sam got that from.
No ... I have not.

Vote on this for us. Should dad turn on the Christmas lights now and every day before Thanksgiving, or should he turn them off until after Thanksgiving??? Be honest!
Hmmmmm. How long should we show that we are cognizant of the fact  that this is the season of the birth of our Savior and Lord Jesus the Christ? Should we still our Christian pride by putting our lights under a bushel, or should we let it shine forth from the top of a hill, so that all man may see? You know what to do! The question is, will you be brave enough to stand alone? Brave enough to fight off the temptations of the world around you?  Your choice, but I know where I stand, with the lights on!!!

What have other missionaries got for Christmas that you would like? Any requests?
Meh, fudge ... lots of fudge ... it sounds so good right now!

Does anyone in the ward write you? How often do you hear from the stake president?
Once a month-ish

Any new and interesting food in your diet??
Not really, just furikake dried fish babies that you put on top of rice!! Way good!!

We can't remember, do you have an American Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving in Japan? Or is it just another day?
Just another day unless the ward does something! But we'll probably buy a pie at least!

Is it cold there yet? Are you wearing gloves? Coat? raincoat?
Short sleeves!

Don't worry about the suitcase missing its wheel. It is getting old. Will it make it through the rest of your mission? Can you buy a new one there??
It's totally fine.

How is your bike holding up? Need any new parts? Just curious, does it have a padded seat??
My tire is still going strong!! Padded seat, and I should replace my brakes, they just squeak, but they're not to bad yet.

So proud of you for cleaning. What do you have in the way of cleaning appliances that you can use??
Vacuum, kabi killer ... which cleans everything!!

Father! My request for my home coming is that kind of sacrament meeting ... maybe I'll give a little longer testimony, but, everyone loves sing a song Sunday?!!!!,!,!,!,!,!,!,!,!,,!!,!,!,!,!,! It's always been my favorite!!!!!!,!,!,!,! It sounds like it was awesome!! I can't believe that Brayden is already going on mission!! That's crazy!! I haven't heard anything from Ben yet, but that's really rough that his companion was released just a few weeks into his mission! That's a huge bummer!! I'll pray for him!

Mother! I heard that you made fudge for dad? Let's hang out alone sometime when I get home! Mom, also the sisters probably love meeting with you guys!! I'm glad to hear that you keep meeting with them! If you can't get anyone that wants to hear them that's not a member, maybe any of the young women that are looking to go on missions in the future, or any of the young men in the ward! We set up a bunch of stuff this week with all the people here in the ward! It's way great!!

Smashed down ... bowling and pizza, that sounds like a lot fun actually ... mainly cuz I rock at bowling, and I love pizza!! Sounds like a win win for everything involved!! I love it! And no, I don't see ANYTHING ON FACEBOOK. Not one thing from people who aren't living in Japan ... kind of sad, but this is life ... on the other hand, I see all sorts of spiritual uplifting stuffs all the time!! It rocks way hard!!!

Storm ... best picture ever!! I want that bear so bad!! I can't get over how big the bear actually is ... maybe you should get one for your classroom, and use it on people who misbehave in class!! You could have it be the ultimate punishment ... if you're bad in class you just might be eaten by a bear!?!?! How scary would that be? No one would ever be bad again I don't think!! It's fool proof!! I think my comp and I are doing alright! Things seem to be going really good. He's here to work, and he's really easy to get along with, I just hope that I'm easy to get along with as well ... that would be bad if I'm not!

This week was pretty sweet!! Sabat Choro and I met with some people, namely one named Brother H, who told us that he's been wanting to learn about Christ all the time, but didn't know that we spoke Japanese ... so when he found that out, he started asking all of these really great questions, and wants to learn more about Christ and all the things that he can do for all of us!  He's so great, he even ended up testifying to Sabat Choro that he knew there would be people searching for salvation in his next area! It was so cool!!! He's like the nicest guy I've ever met!!

Brother K is still at about the same place. My new comp, Brother Z, and I are going to try to do a bunch of member presentations with him, and get him to see that the ward is really great and that he should be a part of it ... hopefully it goes really well.

Dicastri Choro is from Canada, he's way great!!! He used to do ... like Glee Club in high school ... as well as play varsity basketball all three years ... he's pretty chill all the time. He's a way hard worker too!  I feel like we get so much stuff done because we're just out doing stuff all the time!, he's way good! He worked with the missionaries in his home ward.  Since he has gotten here he has put in a good effort.  He's super prepared to serve a mission!!! It's awesome!!
Back row:  Dicastro Choro and Griffiths Choro
As for things with me, I'm pretty good. I'm realizing now that God humbles us in the strangest ways. Just when you think you're doing good, maybe even great, one of your old companions comes back, and you get a trainee who kicks your behind at everything, and bam, you realize that you haven't been relying on God as much as you should have been and you've gotten lazy about ... well everything!! It's crazy what can happen when you don't have Abi or Sam or anyone pushing you on, you lose so much ground ... I guess that's one of my many, many weak points.  I'm competitive, which is good, I like it when others motivate me to work, but when no one is there to push me, I slow down to my own pace instead of setting other goals to make me work ever harder ... I really need to work on that.

I guess the spiritual moment for this week is probably what I studied this morning. I've been wondering about kneeling prayer for a couple days now, why it's needed, how it's differed from standing and sitting prayer, and yeah, this is what I think about all day. So I studied it today for a while. It changed my whole perspective on prayer. I feel that often times, especially in Japanese, our prayers are just things that we say, it's like oh it's lunch, lets bless this food. Or oh it's study time, and I'll ask God to help me have the spirit, or other good things like that.  Unless we're really pleading with God to help us do what he would have us do, then we're just saying token presentations.  We need to be one hundred percent engaged in our prayers, and expect a reply, just like we would when we talk to any other living thing. I feel that all too often we just send off a prayer to God, like an email.  Are there times when we don't expect anything to come back?  So ... when it does comes back, all still and small, like the Spirit tends to do, we miss it.  We lose all sorts of revelation from a loving God who wants to help us in all of our doings!!

That's my spiel, I hope that you all pray more sincerely from here on out. I know I really want to!

Well, I gotta jet, I'll try to send some pictures later as well!!
Love you all!!!  Griffiths Choro

Whoops!
Real quick funny story that just happened! Turley Choro, one of the guys I live with bought clippers to cut his hair ... he thought that seven was a little long, so he bumped it down to five and went straight down the middle of his head ... It's a little shorter than he thought it was going to be ... we got the whole thing in video as well. Here's a picture of what his head looks like mid process ... he's a little ... bummed you could say.
10362 8891

No comments:

Post a Comment